Updating Jointly-Offered Course Groupings
In this quick guide
In UW CM, departments only need to submit one course proposal per jointly offered grouping. Below are some examples of how to fill out a course proposal when there are changes to the jointly offered grouping to ensure that the proposal routes to all affected departments for appropriate review.
The Department field at the top of the proposal needs to be populated with the responsible unit. The responsible unit will get the Approve requests, and the Jointly-Offered Department(s) in the Curricular Relationship section need to be filled out with all of the respective jointly-offered departments. The Jointly-Offered Departments will receive Acknowledge requests. See the Curricular Relationship Guide for more information about these two action types.
Add a Jointly-Offered Course
In order to add a jointly-offered course to a course proposal, add the course number and it’s respective department in the Curricular Relationship section of the proposal.
Remove a Jointly-Offered Course
If a department’s course is being dropped from the jointly-offered course grouping, that department still needs to acknowledge the drop. The department needs to remain on the proposal while the course is removed so that they can acknowledge the drop in workflow.
In order to drop a jointly-offered course from a jointly-offered grouping:
- In the Curricular Relationship section of the proposal, remove the course number but leave the Jointly-Offered Course Department(s), if present, or add the department of the jointly-offered course if it’s not present.
- Once the course is approved by the UWCC, the UWCO will remove the jointly-offered department from the course.
To drop a jointly-offered course code, delete the course code but leave the Jointly-Offered Course Department.
Go to top
Change Responsible Unit
- Find the course based on the responsible course code as it already exists.
- Propose a change.
- Update the prefix and the code at the top and ensure the Department field populates with the new department name.
- In the Jointly Offered section, add, edit or remove any of the jointly-offered course codes to the new grouping.
- If adding a new jointly-offered course, add the corresponding Jointly-Offered Department.
- If removing a jointly-offered course (and it’s not becoming the responsible unit), remove the course number but leave the Jointly Offered Course Department(s), if present, or add the parent of the jointly offered course if it’s not present. This is to ensure the jointly offered department receives notification and acknowledges the removal.
- If removing a jointly-offered course and it is becoming the responsible unit (and therefore the department was added at the top), you can remove the now responsible unit from the Jointly-Offered Department field in the Curricular Relationship section.