Student Systems Help Center

March 9, 2015

Using GradePage

View PDF Version


About GradePage

GradePage, developed by UW-IT, in cooperation with the Office of the Registrar, is an online tool that streamlines online grade submission for all faculty.

This newly improved grade submission tool simplifies the process of submitting final grades online. You can still use Catalyst GradeBook or Canvas Gradebook to record assignment grades and track student progress if these tools fit your needs, but section grades will be submitted through GradePage. See “Import Grades from Catalyst GradeBook or Canvas Gradebook” in this guide for more information.

Return to top

Step 1: Access GradePage

If you are listed as an instructor of record for a class section, you can access GradePage via MyUW My Class Resources.

  • Navigate to
  • The Online Grading area displays a notification or a link to GradePage depending on the open and close dates for the current grading period.

If you are not listed as an instructor of record or would like to bookmark the direct link to GradePage, navigate to:

Select the link to navigate to GradePage

Return to top

Step 2: Enter Grades

Once you log in to GradePage you are presented with a page displaying the class sections for which you can submit grades. Select a class section.

Type or select grade using the dropdown menu.

Select the grade field on the right-hand side of the screen for the student for which you wish to submit grades. Type the grade value into the field, or select the appropriate value from the list.

  • Select “I” on the left-hand side of the grade field to indicate the grade is incomplete.
  • Select “W” on the right-hand side of the grade field to indicate if the grade includes a writing credit.

When the “I” or “W” have been selected, the box around them will appear gray. To remove the “I” or “W” credit, select again. The boxes should appear clear.

Select "I" if grade status is incomplete. Select "W" if grade includes a writing credit.

"i" icon
Select the information button to view information about grade options and information about who can submit grades for the course section.

Return to top

Step 3: Review and Submit

Review Grades

Select the Review button to review the grades you have entered for the course section before submitting.

Review grades before submitting. Select Edit to make changes.

The review screen displays and allows you to complete a final check of the grades you have entered before submitting them. Select the Edit button to make changes.

Submit Grades

When you have completed your review, select Submit. When your grades have been processed you will receive a confirmation email.

Important: Once grades have been submitted, use the Grade Change Request form to submit any changes or corrections to your submission.


If grades are correct, select Submit.

Return to top

Import Grades from Canvas Gradebook or Catalyst GradeBook

To import grades from another online grading tool, select “Import from” on the grading screen in GradePage.

Select Import From

Select “Canvas Gradebook” or “Catalyst GradeBook” to import your grades.

Select from the drop down to import grades from Canvas or GradeBook.


Note: Grades can no longer be submitted directly through Catalyst GradeBook. To submit grades collected in GradeBook, you can “push” the grades to GradePage from within GradeBook or you can import the grades from within GradePage.

For more information on using Canvas Gradebook, see:

More information on Catalyst GradeBook can be found here:

Review Past Online Submissions

View grades submitted for your class sections in the past from the quarter page, by selecting the arrow to the right of the current quarter name. Choose a quarter from the drop down menu. Records in this view display grades you submitted using GradeBook or GradePage for the past four quarters.

The past online submissions history only displays grade values as you submitted them using GradePage, and does not reflect any subsequent changes made to the grade values after your submission. To view a grade submitted via the Grade Change Request form, contact the Graduation and Academic Records Office at

Select the arrow to show quarters

Return to top

Submit Grade Change Requests

If you discover a mistake for any of the grades you submitted using GradePage, submit an online Grade Change Request using this form. Submissions are reviewed and processed manually by staff in the Graduation and Academic Records Office.

Student and Grade Information

Return to top