You can now search by General Education Requirement in MyPlan. General Education Requirements (abbreviated on MyPlan as Gen. Edu. Rec.) are requirements necessary to graduate with an undergraduate degree from UW that may or may not relate to requirements for a specific major. Areas of knowledge such as Individuals and Societies (I&S), Visual, Literary and Performing Arts (VLPA), Diversity (DIV) and Natural World (NW) are common, as well as other general education requirements like Writing (W), English Composition(C) and Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning (QSR).
Find Courses Page
There are two search options under “Find Courses” page.
1. The first option in the drop down is “Text Search” .To learn more about the “Text Search option” click here.
2. If you chose the second option in the drop down “General Education Requirements,” a second drop down appears in place of the input box, next to the first drop-down option with a label “Select a Requirement.”
General Education Search Navigation
Use the following drop-down options to select a general education requirement you would like to search for.
• Diversity (DIV)
• English Composition (C)
• Individuals and Societies (I&S)
• Natural World (NW)
• Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning (QSR)
• Visual, Literary and Performing Arts (VLPA)
• Writing (W).
Once you have chosen a general education requirement, select All Quarters and use the drop-down menu to select a quarter.
Once you have selected all requirements for your search, select the Search button. Results that meet the requirements you have chosen will display beneath the search information you have entered.